You are currently viewing Floral Trio with Lacy Detail

Floral Trio with Lacy Detail

Hi guys! I’m up on the Pinkfresh Studio blog today with a charming, pink floral card that I made with Pinkfresh’s new Floral Trio stampstencil, and die set, and how some strips of vellum already in my stash helped me finish it in time.

I started with a piece of white cardstock in my stamping platform and used the Floral Trio stamp with Misty Coast ink, then made sure to leave the stamp where it was. I was able to color it in fairly quickly because I had made one just the day before and knew how I wanted it to look.

The day before… When I was almost done with my first incarnation of this project, I decided to splatter it with black paint. Which I’ve done many times in the past and thought nothing of it. A HUGE blob of black paint landed on one of the blooms, like, the size of the tip of my thumb. Where did this even come from?! I could have cut it up and used clusters here and there, but I wanted the whole bouquet to stay together. The blob was too big to cover with a gem or jewel so… Ruined. Argh! 

So, the next day, when it was time to start over I stamped the Floral Trio again and to color them in, used: the Fairy Dust ink cube collection, the three lightest pinks for one bloom, the three darkest for the second, and the three darkest reds of the Heartbeat collection for the third bloom. The lightest color for each bloom was brushed all around the outside edges of the flower, then in tighter and tighter circles toward the center, I lightly brushed on the darker inks, with the darkest ink just applied in the middle with a very small brush. For the leaves, it was Grassy KnollOlive, and Evergreen.

When it was colored, I put it back in the MISTI and heat-embossed the image using a sparkly silver embossing powder. I die cut it out and set it aside… No splatters this time!

For a backing panel, because I was running behind, to save myself some time I decided to dig through my stash to find something already made, and found a handful of vellum strips with additional strips of silver cardstock glued to them. They were made using the Slim Lacy Edgers and Slim Stripes die sets. These were rejected from a previous project and were perfect for this card! I cut them down and adhered them to a 3 X 4 in. panel. Then die cut another panel of paper using one of the dies from the Folk Edge Rectangles die set to adhere my lacy panel too. Then I centered them both on an A2-sized cardbase.

I used the new Wonderful Sentiments stamp and dies for my “Take Care” sentiment. There is a hot foil version available for this design. I used foam tape to adhere the blooms down and added a black hot foil, vellum, butterfly, and some bright Lagoon Glitter Drops to finish my card. And I was done!

I hope some of these design choices have inspired you to make something new today. Thanks so much for stopping by!


Leave a Reply